- Finland considers it important for the EU to strive toward ratification of the PCA with Belarus.
- The Ministry for Foreign Affairs plans to establish a diplomatic office in Belarus in 2010.
- Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus reached an agreement on the establishment of a Customs Union in December 2009. The countries have stated that they will negotiate their accession to the WTO separately but that their aim is to accede to the WTO simultaneously. Finland considers that keeping the WTO accession negotiations in separate tracks is a good decision, because the countries’ negotiations are at different stages, and hopes that the customs union plans will not unduly hamper the WTO accession negotiations.
- Finland pays particular attention to the development of closer trade and economic relations especially with Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus and Azerbaijan.
- An active exchange of trade and export promotion visits, and the provision of internationalization services to Finnish businesses operating in the region, is a priority of the MFA and its embassies.
Глядишь, нормальное посольство появится. В ноябре 2009 министр иностранных дел уже выступал за вовлечение Беларуси в Северное Измерение, а вчера прямо заявил о большом экономическом потенциале во взаимоотношениях. Не без традиционных сигналов -- "Human rights are at the core of our foreign policy and we can exert influence through our own example", но кто ждал другого, мягко говоря, не знаком с историей вопроса.